Re: Google Code-In 2011: Tasks wanted!

On Thu, 2011-10-27 at 22:16 +0300, Rūdolfs Mazurs wrote:
> I would suggest the task of translating documentation, like Cheese, some
> games or specific pages of GNOME User Documentation. If this idea is
> acceptable, I can select specific tasks.

Any team is welcome to add such tasks, if a mentor is defined and if the
mentor is able to speak the language to review the contribution.

> Also, testing of translation quality (look for completeness,
> consistency, spelling, grammar and all that). But I have no idea how to
> measure the result.

We really need to define the expectations well. :-/

Probably something for gnome-doc-list@ to discuss.

> And another research task could be to create a list of popular
> applications / packages that should be "high-priority" for translation.

There is
https://live.gnome.org/TranslationProject/LocalisationGuide#Choosing_the_first_packages_to_translate
however it could get a more prominent place plus some updates.

> And I could mentor l10n tasks.

Go ahead!: https://live.gnome.org/GoogleCodeIn/Tasks

Thanks,
andre