Re: Freeze break request for gnome-shell

On Thu, 2011-10-13 at 16:03 +0200, Florian Müllner wrote:
> On mar, 2011-09-20 at 16:30 -0400, Matthias Clasen wrote:

> > > I'm less worried about visual incoherence here, but rather about wrong
> > > usage of the switch widget[0], which might get picked up by application
> > > authors.
> >
> > And I assume we don't have checkboxes for shell dialogs...:-(
> >
> > I am not too worried about the 'feature' that we are temporarily losing here.
> > I assume we can get context menus (and thus the ability to show
> > passwords) in 3.2.1, Florian ?
>
> I'm not sure everyone is aware, but Owen was uncomfortable with the
> feature regression, so I backed out for 3.2 despite release team
> approval. I'm bringing it up again for 3.2.1, as the context menu patch
> is now ready to land[0] (but obviously requires another freeze break).
>
> So I'd like to request a UI freeze break for the addition of context
> menus (screenshot attached) and a string freeze break for the four
> strings introduced in the patch ("Copy", "Paste", "Show Text", "Hide
> Text").

It doesn't appear we mention the switch in the help, so this won't
invalidate anything. I would like to add a note about right-clicking
to see the password to step 2 in net-wireless-connect.page. I can't
do that now, because gnome-user-docs is frozen for 3.2.1.

I'll give a docs team approval, with the understanding that we won't
add the note in the help until 3.2.2.

--
Shaun