Re: gnome.org website translation

Op Di, 2011-10-11 om 21:53 +0200 skryf Mario Blättermann:
> Am 11.10.2011 21:35, schrieb Pavol Šimo:
> > Still no answer to the original question... Anyone?
> >
> The temporary GNOME 3 website was based on pure HTML, that's why it
> could be parsed easily by html2po (from the Translate Toolkit) to get a
> translation template. As far as I know, our website gnome.org is based
> on PHP scripts. Some different workflow and tools are needed here to
> make it translatable. The Translate Toolkit provides a similar tool
> named php2po [1]. I don't know whether any changes in the PHP code are
> needed to make it work.

Php2po was mostly intended to translate php files with string arrays
that are used by some projects to keep localisation strings in one file
per language.

But what about gettext for PHP or whatever Vinicius Depizzol was working
on?

>From my side: I'm a bit disappointed to know that my work translating
that website is gone. I thought I'm getting in early in the life of
GNOME 3 and it is worth translating it for the benefit of a few years.

Friedel

--
Recently on my blog:
http://translate.org.za/blogs/friedel/en/content/firefox-maybe-now-most-popular-africa