Re: String additions to 'gnome-shell.master'

On Wed, Oct 5, 2011 at 2:49 AM, Claude Paroz <claude 2xlibre net> wrote:
> Le mardi 04 octobre 2011 à 22:55 +0200, Piotr Drąg a écrit :
>> 2011/10/4 GNOME Status Pages <noreply gnome org>:
>> > There have been following string additions to module 'gnome-shell.master':
>> >
>> > + "tray"
>> >

>> It's already existing string, so it's not a string freeze break, but
>> could you explain what this 'tray' actually mean? I've found it's a
>> button in on-screen keyboard, but I couldn't figure out what does it
>> do.
>
> No, this string did not exist previously in gnome-shell. This is a real
> string freeze break, so please revert, branch or formally ask for an
> exception.
> Thanks!
>
> Claude

This is the commit that "added the string". It's been there before, I
just added the _(). From what I've been told, xgettext will extract
the string without it (which is why we use '' for untranslated
strings). I could be wrong, though.

http://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-shell/commit/?id=4e114107ed3ddf71c784cb63ca592ee88911d2a4

--
  Jasper