Re: What not to translate, for now.

I was considering deleting the gnome.sudoku.xml file, but have been hesitant to do that since the Mallard version is not fully complete yet.

So, do you mean placing a 'do not translate' mark on the xml (docbook) versions, letting translators know not to translate?  I can see how this idea could really be useful, especially for some of the gnome-games modules.

On 30 November 2011 14:55, Gil Forcada <gforcada gnome org> wrote:
El dc 30 de 11 de 2011 a les 09:55 -0500, en/na Tiffany Antopolski va
escriure:
> Hi everyone,
>
>    The gnome sudoku manual is in the process of being rewritten using
> Mallard.  Please, do not translate the gnome-sudoku.xml version, as it
> is out of date and will not ship with 3.4. Also be aware that the
> Mallard version has not been completed, and the existing pages still
> need review, so translating them at this time may mean a "fuzzy"
> future.
>
> Additionally, I am hoping that work will begin on the Mahjongg manual,
> so best not to translate the docbook version of this either.
>
> In general, the docbook versions of many of the games manuals are out
> of date, and an effort is being made to rewrite them from scratch
> based on the current versions of the games, so that they are up to
> date.
>
> Cheers, and thank you for all your efforts,

Maybe we should have some mark on translation pages (just like the
Mallard emblem) to let translators know about it.

What do you think?

Cheers,

> --
> Tiffany Antopolski

Gil Forcada

[ca] guifi.net - una xarxa lliure que no para de créixer
bloc: http://gil.badall.net
planet: http://planet.guifi.net