Re: Glibc locale creation

Le vendredi 13 mai 2011 à 23:49 -0400, Chris Leonard a écrit :

> On Fri, May 13, 2011 at 2:49 PM, Claude Paroz <claude 2xlibre net>
> wrote:
>         Hi,
>
>         For those interested in glibc locales, I recently created a
>         small Django
>         application to help visualizing and editing those famous
>         locale files.
>
>         http://lh.2xlibre.net
>
>         Talk to me if you have to work on a new locale to add. Well, I
>         admit I
>         have still no expertise in LC_CTYPE or LC_COLLATE, so
>         hopefully your
>         language script is not too different from an exiting one :-P
>
>         I even blogged about it (people knowing me understand what
>         exploit it
>         is :-)
>         http://www.2xlibre.net/blog/2011/05/13/glibc-locales-need-help/
>

> Claude,
>
> Have you ever tried these tools for locale creation and testing?
>
> http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/guide/locales/glibc
>
> I was wondering how they compare to / complement yours.

Yes, this was also a source of inspiration for me. Some of these tools
do not make sense in my app, as I'm storing values unencoded in a
database.
But depending on what you are trying to do, this is still meaningful.
Especially as the current output of locales in glibc format from my
application still needs hand-editing before being completely valid.

Claude