Re: Problem starting out with git account (translator)

On Tue, Mar 29, 2011 at 12:19 AM, Kizito Birabwa <kbirabwa yahoo co uk> wrote:

> --- On Mon, 28/3/11, Claude Paroz <claude 2xlibre net> wrote:
>> >
>> > I am totally baffled. Do I need to create a new key
>> set?
>>
>> Are you sure you have the right passphrase? You can check
>> by running:
>> $ ssh-add
>> If the passphrase is the right one, you should get the
>> message "Identity
>> added:...".
>>
>> Claude
>>

> OK. That fails. It seems that I have to re-do all this setting up the
keys and pass phrase - because I have forgotten what I originally used.

> Does this mean I have to request a git account all over again, or will
this one accept me re-setting the key and pass phrases?

If you forgot your passphrase, there is no way to find it again. You
should create a new key pair and see with accounts gnome org to resubmit
it again.

Claude
--
www.2xlibre.net