Consistency of formatting directives

Hi,

I used latest Gnome UI translations to examine how frequently translators
modify formatting directives. There are only about 300 modifications in all
languages taken together, but over 90% of them are likely unintentional
(typos or unfuzzying glitches), so I thought of reporting. The list of all
messages with modified formatting directives is attached. To check if any
messages from your language are in there and need correction, just search
for -<yourlang>-.

Note that some modifications lead to loss of information or
comprehensibility. For example, in this message the quantity is too rounded
to be of use:

  #. TRANSLATOR: This is pressure in atmospheres
  #: ../libgweather/weather.c:981
  #, c-format
  msgid "%.3f atm"
  msgstr "%.1f atmosfera"

and in this one the arguments were not reordered as was intended:

  #. Translators: ...
  #: ../src/ui/theme-parser.c:202
  #, c-format
  msgid "No \"%s\" attribute on element <%s>"
  msgstr "Elemendil <%2s> pole \"%1s\" atribuuti"

(Not subscribed, CC if necessary.)

--
Chusslove Illich (Часлав Илић)