Re: gtk-2-24 has new strings

On Wed, 2011-07-13 at 10:32 +0100, Bastien Nocera wrote:

> But why do that in stable releases? Unless there's a very very (very
> very) good reason to break the freeze, the stable branches should only
> see bug fixes. Why was this pushed to stable branches?

This change makes the file chooser much more usable.  I don't want this
to wait until Gtk+ 3.2; apps can already benefit from the change, as it
doesn't change the API.

My view is that people are going to use Gnome 3.0.x for a good while,
basically for as long as their distros use it, and it's better for them
to be able to get these improvements than to wait until 3.2.  Having the
change in 2.24 as well is for the benefit of Very Important Apps(tm)
that still use GTK+2 - Firefox, LibreOffice, Gimp, etc.

[Lame answer: I talked to Matthias about this on IRC, and he seemed fine
with the change.]

  Federico