Fwd: New Launchpad rollout: please put translations for upstream projects on hold

This may be of interest to the GNOME l10n teams.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: David Planella <david planella ubuntu com>
Date: Thu, Jan 13, 2011 at 6:18 PM
Subject: New Launchpad rollout: please put translations for upstream
projects on hold
To: Ubuntu Translators <ubuntu-translators lists ubuntu com>
Cc: launchpad-translators <launchpad-translators lists launchpad net>

Hi translators,

NOTE: this notice affects only translations for upstream projects in
Launchpad, and *not* the translations of Ubuntu packages.

Yesterday's Launchpad rollout came with lots of translation goodness,
such as better upstream imports, of which we'll talk in detail very
soon.

However, as a side effect and due to a migration script not being run in
the Launchpad side we'd like to ask you to wait a bit to do new
translations _for upstream projects in Launchpad_ until we can run this
script again and make sure new translations during this time are not
reverted to suggestions.

It should take about a day to run the script, and after that you can
keep translating as usual. We'll send a new notice when the run has
finished.

Notice that no translations will be lost in any case, but if you do any
translation between that period, they will be reverted to suggestions,
meaning that you'll have to re-approve them. We simply ask you not to
translate to avoid this temporary situation, and save you efforts.

In summary:

     * Please refrain from translating upstream projects in Launchpad
       until further notice (in about a day's time).
     * We only do this to make sure new translations are not reverted
       to suggestions and to save translators effort. No translation
       loss will happen in any case.
     * We'd like to ask you to forward this notice to your translation
       teams.
     * This does not affect Ubuntu packages. You can keep translating
       Ubuntu as usual.

As usual, if you've got any questions, please feel free to ask!

Regards,
David.

--
David Planella