Gnome GIT problems

Hello,

sometimes it's just too much.

I usually use "the script" to push updates for me, but sometimes I
just need to do stuff with git by hand.

Yesterday I tried to update one of the packages, but forgot to first
*git pull* the branch. I overwrote the po translation files, and tried
to push. When I saw errors of *git push*, I knew that I did (for me)
unsolvable thing.
Usually I simply delete the whole directory and clone it again, but
this one is too big, and honestly, I need to find out how to solve
this for future occasions.

I tried reverts and resets and it doesn't seem to work. SO ...

HOW do I "remove" all the changes I made and simply start from scratch ...

git reset --hard master tells that the HEAD is now at b5eb062 Revert ,
but when I try to pull I get an error: Untracked working tree file
would be overwritten by merge.

Thanks,

Matej