Re: Gnash release planned - urgent need for L10n help

On Sat, Dec 31, 2011 at 9:20 AM, Chris Leonard <cjlhomeaddress gmail com> wrote:
>> I'm interested in a PO with the most important strings. I took a quick
>> look at the PO and besides being huge, it seems to largely consist of
>> very technical messages that make no sense to a regular user.
>>
>> Thanks,
>>
>> --
>> mișu
>
> Thank you all for your replies.  I am working on the "reduced PO"
> today and hope to have something more reasonable available very
> shortly.
>
> cjl

A much more reasonable reduced-gnash.po file has been made available.

1542 words in 321 strings.

After consulting with the Gnash-devs, I have included all UI strings
derived from the code in the conveniently named GUI directory in the
Gnash source repository.

There may be some refinements to the reduced-gnash.po creation method,
but for now, this is an excellent starting point.  All strings
submitted will be migrated into any new variation of the
reduced-gnash.po and gnash.po files, so no localizer effort will be
lost.

I will be handling merging of the reduced PO into the complete
template for the Gnash release in collaboration with Rob Savoye.

Warmest Regards.

cjl