Re: Proposed Freeze Change

On Tue, 2011-12-20 at 14:45 +0100, Andre Klapper wrote:
> Personally I prefer Feb 13 as past release cycles experience with last
> minute API breaks has shown that it's helpful to have the freeze on a
> Monday that is NOT a Tarballs Due day, so there is one week left to sort
> out all the stuff that broke. But maybe times have become less rough?

Andre, thanks for following up on this.

One week in either direction doesn't make a huge difference to me. I
think our freezes have always coincided with Tarballs Due Mondays, but
I don't have a perspective on how much pain that's cause the release
team.

I do think doing it on a Tarballs Due Monday make it easier to remember.
"Tarballs are due. Please make a release and then stop making changes
today."

--
Shaun