Re: translation project for local university

On Tue, Dec 6, 2011 at 11:01 PM, Umarzuki Mochlis <umarzuki gmail com> wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I was contacted by a lecturer in a local university that he had approached
> the dean at his university to have a project where students will volunteer
> to the gnome translation in Malay and the university will get some sort of a
> recognition for this effort.
>
> How this could be done. Any legalities involved?
>
> This could be a good start for a Gnome community in Malaysia.
>
> --
> Regards,
>
> Umarzuki Mochlis
> http://debmal.my

Exactly what form of recognition would be needed?

A blog post recognizing the contributions of the university students effort?

A certificate suitable for framing?

I am sincerely curious because reaching out to academic groups is one
of the approaches I am considering for the SugarLabs / OLPC
translation effort (downstream of Gnome).  We often work on languages
that are not very well represented in the usual on-line communities.
This can make it challenging to find volunteer localizers for some of
our languages and academia is an attractive recruiting ground.

cjl
Sugar Labs Translation Team Coordinator
http://translate.sugarlabs.org/