Re: GNOME Documents in 3.2

Op Di, 2011-08-30 om 10:29 -0400 skryf Cosimo Cecchi:
> Hi,

Hi Cosimo. Congratulations on your progress.

> as I announced on my blog [1], I released a preview of gnome-documents
> yesterday. It will be included in GNOME 3.2, probably as a preview
> release, and it looks like GNOME Shell already has a default launcher
> for it on the dash.
>
> As yesterday's was the first release of the application, and we're
> approaching (or we're already past) all sorts of freezes in the
> development cycle (string freeze is in ~1 week), there are a few things
> I would like to point out:
> - I cannot guarantee there won't be any string additions after string
> freeze, but I'll try to keep them low (I don't really expect this to be
> a problem, as there are basically no translations now)

As far as I know the string freeze applies to all modules in the GNOME
desktop release set, except for GTK+, so I'm not sure why your module
wouldn't be subject to it. Please clarify if you can.

The freeze isn't just about existing translations, but about
translators: knowing when our target stops moving, and having a
reasonable time to chase it.

> - there are no big UI changes planned much between now and 3.2, but
> there might be some minor tweaks needed here and there.

Great! Then I want to encourage you to to review strings in the
following days to ensure that things are in place. If you want things to
be good, you'd want one or two teams to start translating it very soon
for extra feedback on the needed comments, context information or other
things that might help.

Have you done some pseudo localisation for the application yet? More
information here:
https://live.gnome.org/TranslationProject/DevGuidelines/Test%20internationalization
With podebug you can even test right-to-left display for your language
to ensure that those translations will work well in your application.

Keep well
Friedel

--
Recently on my blog: