Re: translation of gnome3.org and release notes

On Tue, Apr 19, 2011 at 5:03 PM, Andika Triwidada <andika gmail com> wrote:
> Dear GNOME translators,
> What is the point of translating language names in http://www.gnome3.org/
> (bottom, after "This website is available in many languages:")
> I think they are needed by visitor who prefer to read in his/her native
> language,
> thus easier for them to read their language name in their native charater.

When you translate the release notes, you do not need to translate
these language name strings, so you just copy the original string.
The reason why they show up in the .PO file is that it needs some
effort to mark them as 'untranslatable' (may not be possible either).

> So no need to be translated,
> like right side frame in http://library.gnome.org/misc/release-notes/3.0/
> Btw, I have commited Indonesian translation to gnome3-web, but Indonesian
> doesn't come up in language links?

You need to edit the index.html file yourself for this.
See for more at
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gnome-i18n/2011-April/msg00187.html
Then, your translation will appear on gnome3.org.

If you need help with the addition to index.html, ask here.

Simos