Re: Adding information column to DL with proposed release dates and documentation state

El dj 07 de 04 de 2011 a les 17:01 +0200, en/na Johannes Schmid va
escriure:
> Hi!
>
> > At this point this it is just an idea and I am very much looking for feedback.
> > Would this be helpful?
> > Will developers play along?
> > Will this be acceptable within the design goals of Damned Lies (Claude)?
> > Should the information in this columns be what I wrote, or is there
> > something else that would be more helpful?
>
> As there are still "rules to be defined" for the applications included,
> this is difficult to tell. However, I think at least a list of release
> dates would be helpful as long as it can be generated automatically from
> GNOME releases and only those modules that have other dates would need
> to update them accordingly (which could send a mail to gnome-i18n).
>
> The documentation part seems difficult to me because it is always hard
> to tell how up-to-date documentation is. But it would be nice to have a
> marker that says "Don't translated, this is outdated/being updated".

Quoting from Shaun McCance:

I've just added the following to all the pages in gnome-help:

  <revision pkgversion="3.0" version="3.0.1"
   date="2011-04-06" status="outdated"/>

So, no, if we put a Mallard parser on D-L we could know the outdated
status of mallard documents.

Maybe even the mallard2po (or whichever script transforms mallard to po
files) could also add some metadata to the strings that are inside a
document with that header.

Shaun, could you explain it further?

Cheers,