Re: git accounts without realname ?

On Sun, Sep 5, 2010 at 1:52 PM, Olav Vitters <olav vitters nl> wrote:
> On Sat, Sep 04, 2010 at 10:55:20PM +0200, Christian Persch wrote:
>> I thought we had a policy that every account _has to have_ a realname
>> set? Can this be corrected?
>
> We can email these persons via commit-list. There the From always shows
> the person who pushed the changes.
>
> The committer cannot be changed afterwards (though theoretically
> sysadmins are allowed to change history). However, there are some policy
> checks in place for the email address:
> http://git.gnome.org/browse/gitadmin-bin/tree/pre-receive-check-policy
>
> Patch to extend this would be very welcome (I prefer not to touch the
> Git infrastructure)

The two git accounts belong to translators,
1. Norayr for the Armenian L10n team, http://l10n.gnome.org/teams/hy
2. Dr T. Vasudevan for the Tamil L10n team, http://l10n.gnome.org/teams/ta
He is not listed in http://l10n.gnome.org/teams/ta which brings an
issue that the team coordinator to get him listed at
http://l10n.gnome.org/teams/ta

According to http://live.gnome.org/TranslationProject/GitHowTo they
should have put their full names when configuring git on their
systems.

A. Norayr, could you please follow the instructions at
http://live.gnome.org/TranslationProject/GitHowTo so that "git config
-l" shows both your real name and e-mail address?

B. Jayaradha, could you please get in contact with Dr.T.Vasudevan so
that he is added to the Tamil L10n page at l10n.gnome.org. In
addition, he should also update his git configuration so that 'git
config -l' shows his real full name, email address.

Cheers,
Simos