Re: Transifex instance for GNOME

Hi!

> I'm absolutely not opposed to such an idea. But I'm also not convinced
> that we will be able to keep current D-L functionalities. However if we
> get some new ones, maybe the global balance might still be positive.
> I think the main objective would be to support (a) auto-commit in GNOME
> git infrastructure (the blocker is currently on sysadmin side) and (b)
> auto-commit in an i18n branch of each tracked branch for modules not
> hosted in GNOME infrastructure.

I personally think that it would simply disburden us from lots of
development work we had to put into damned-lies. Not that damned-lies is a
bad system, actually it is pretty good (thanks Claude!) but as we are the
only ones using it we also have the sole responsibility.

> Here are some steps we could follow to go further:
> * Find a team of people to take the job
> * Install a Transifex instance on GNOME infrastructure
> * Configure Transifex for GNOME needs
> * Test Transifex global functionality (pilot languages?)
> * Decide to switch (or not to switch)

I have seen several people working on/with transifex on this list in the
past. I hope they can give it a go.

We need some kind of timeline though. We need to have everything setup and
working latest on string-freeze day. And we also need an implememtation of
our string-freeze-break-detection for transiflex at this point.

Regards,
Johannes