Re: Should we really translate legal notices?

W dniu 04.05.2010 13:41, Ihar Hrachyshka pisze:
Recently one of Gnome localizers, Andika Triwidada, asked in gnome-i18n
if we should really translate legal notices found in Gnome software
translation catalogues. He stated that there is a policy for this in
Fedora Project [2] which states that asks translators not to translate
legal notices since such translations are risky if not approved by
professional lawyers (which is of course not the case for 99% of Gnome
translations).

Fedora Project has no such policy. We translate legal notices like GPL
notice in About dialogs, as every other FLOSS project do. This FAQ entry
might be misleading, because it not defines "legal notice", which I
believe in this case is actually just [1] and nothing more.

I'm sorry for any possible confusion.

[1] http://fedoraproject.org/get-fedora#export-regulations

--
Piotr Drąg
Fedora Localization Steering Committee Member