Automatic translation of new msgs, marking them as fuzzy

Hi all,

I noticed that for some modules when the devs add new strings, the
msgs in .po stay untranslated and when devs modify a string, the msgs
are marked as fuzzy and there is also the previous version of the
original string in the po. Those are the modules I like :) For some
other modules though, when devs add new strings, an automated
translation is applied and the string is marked as fuzzy. And I'm not
sure if for the changed strings, the previous version is kept. Those
are the modules that I don't like :( For example
evolution-data-server. This makes hard to see what msgs new and which
msgs have just been altered, so that I can see what has changed. I
don't think there is a need to apply automatic translations.
Translators can use their preferred tools to pick the best translation
using their translation memories. Is it up to the module maintainers
to choose one of the two ways or there should be a common way for all
GNOME modules? If I have understood something wrong, correct me please
:)

Thanks

--
Θάνος Λευτέρης