Re: Solang: a small UI change and string addition

Am Samstag, den 20.03.2010, 18:19 +0200 schrieb Debarshi Ray:
> We are planning to change the exporter dialog a little bit to remove
> unnecessary labels.
>
> Old: http://rishi.fedorapeople.org/export-old.png
> New: http://rishi.fedorapeople.org/export-new.png
>
> However, I would like to take this opportunity to clarify a few things:
>
> + Should be "Create an archive" or "Create archive"?

"Create an archive" sounds better for me.

> + Do we use comments or context for the "Destination" and "Options"
> labels? I think we should use comments because it is hard to use them
> in a different context. Currently we are using contexts with "A group
> of UI controls" as the context information.

If "Destination" always mean a folder, then it is self-explaining. But
if it could mean either a folder or a filename (for the archive file),
you should distinguish between folder or file though.

> We also added a new string to describe the archive creation:
> http://rishi.fedorapeople.org/pending-operations-archive.png

In my mind, "8 of 50 completed" should be "8 of 50 files added" or "8 of
50 files completed".

Thank you for providing the screenshots! It's a very convenient way to
make things better understandable without compiling and installing the
whole application. In most cases, libraries and other system contents
have to be updated before to run a new program version, and this could
run in and endless loop sometimes...

Cheers,
Mario