Re: Translations as comments in Damned Lies

Le samedi 06 mars 2010 à 21:26 +0200, Gintautas Miliauskas a écrit :
> Hello,

Hi Gintautas,

> there have been quite a few cases recently when a beginner translator
> submitted a translation to Damned Lies using the default action „Add
> comment“. Since the comment field was empty (only a file was
> attached), there would be no indication of the submitted translation
> in the Damned Lies module list, so the reviewers would simply not
> notice the translation until someone peeked into the module details
> page for that particular module. Could this issue be addressed
> somehow? I see several options:
>
> 1) disallow attachments to comments (makes sense in a way, but
> probably too radical)

Yes, this would prevent the use case when someone want to upload
supplementary files (eg. translated images) as comment.

> 2) disallow empty comment text even if a file is submitted (then the
> aforementioned mistaken submissions would still show up in the global
> list)

Just done it:
http://git.gnome.org/browse/damned-lies/commit/?id=477d42fe5b729d992b13304e8a38690daf1a879b

> 3) use a special indicator in the global list if the most recent
> action had a file attached

Not sure if this is really useful. More opinions needed.

> I wouldn't bring this up if it weren't a recurring problem, which
> indicates a problem with the Damned Lies UI.

Thanks, your feedback is much appreciated.

Claude