Re: Please commit Galician (gl) translations

Am Freitag, den 05.03.2010, 18:37 +0100 schrieb Fran Dieguez:
> > As far as I can see, Antón Méixome is a TP member, he should know what
> > to do.
> Ok, i'll contact with him to commit this to TP

To commit is simply impossible. The Translation project doesn't follow
usual rules for translation workflow. You have to own a module (in fact,
for lifetime!). First you have to write to
coordinator translationproject org to claim a module. Then you translate
the po file. After that, you send your file to a »robot«, let's say to a
quite stupid robot. He doesn't accept such important mistakes in the
file like a wrong version number in "Project-Id-Version:" (who the fuck
needs this?) and he grumbles when he has to accept files whose rows are
shrinked to 80 characters for better readability by using the well-known
»msgcat -w 80« command. The current translator's name *must* be the last
one in the file header. After you sent the file with such changes again
and again, the file will be accepted, and sent to the real software
maintainer.

The described process may take a while, be patient. As I have translated
xkeybordconfig, it was approx. 2 months from my first posting to the
mailing list to a successful commit.

Besides this, the translators are »lonely cowboys«. They get their files
from the robot, and they send them back to the robot. There is no tool
like Vertimus between, for proofreading and discussions. And especially
the German mailing list rests in peace, only robot messages...

Unfortunately, that's the one and only way to submit translations for
the GStreamer modules and Xkeybordconfig.

Have fun!

Cheers,
Mario