Re: Git commands

Hi Matej,

Am Freitag, den 05.03.2010, 15:44 +0100 schrieb Matej Urbančič:
> Hello,
>
> I committed to master some figures that return error: Figures should
> not be copied when identical to original.
> http://l10n.gnome.org/vertimus/f-spot/master/docs/sl
>
> My mistake.
>
> I deleted them from local folder, but now I can not figure out the
> way, to get rid of them from master branch. I tried every command I
> found online without success.
>
> So, how do I "push" deleted items?

You don't have to delete such objects by dragging them away from
Nautilus. Just type "git rm object_name" instead, and the file
disappears from the file view anyway. Perhaps you have to put the real
file back before. After using the git rm command, the removed files are
deleted automatically from the Git tree. However, they remain in the
history, but they are not considered for tags (and tarballs).

Cheers,
Mario