Re: String freeze break request for Vinagre 2.30

Em Qui, 2010-06-17 às 00:28 +0200, Wouter Bolsterlee escreveu:
> 2010-06-16 klockan 20:37 skrev Jonh Wendell:
> > Hello, guys.
> >
> > I just committed (into master) a fix a bug in vinagre which doesn't allow you to use a different port than 22 when doing SSH tunneling[1].
> >
> > The fix adds two new strings, explaining to the user how to supply a different port:
> >
> > string 1: Supply an alternative port using colon
> > string 2: For instance: joe domain com:5022
> >
> > So, I'd really like to backport this commit to 2.30 branch and do a 2.30.2 release today or tomorrow.
>
> I know you already have 2/2, but I think these strings could be improved.
> What about this:
>
>   - Supply an alternative port by specifying a colon and the port
>   - Example: john example org:2022
>
> I think these strings would be a) grammatically correct and b) more
> instructive, and c) the example doesn't ‘abuse’ domain.com either.
>
>     — Wouter

Hi, Woulter, thanks for your improvements.
Regarding to the first sentence, indeed it's more correct and
instructive but as it appears in a tooltip, if the string is too long it
will break in two lines. Do you have a shorter phrase?

Thanks,
--
Jonh Wendell
http://www.bani.com.br