Re: Effect names in gnome-video-effects

On Fr, 2010-07-30 at 00:51 +0200, Mario Blättermann wrote:
> Hi all,
> I've just updated the gnome-video-effects translation, but some of the
> strings need some more explanation:

definitely. in some cases it is very hard to find an appropriate name.
if you have a better name or suggestions, please let me hear them!

i will also add a description to each of the effects, which hopefully
will help to understand the effect better.

> Chrome > the glossy metal, or a specific color scheme?

glossy metal, at least it looks like it

> Ripple > how appears this?

see here:

> Sboel > should be "Sobel" (like the effect file name), but what is it?

yep, noticed that right now. it is fixed now in the git repo. it looks
like this

thanks a lot!