Re: Can't integrate translation in module sawfish i gnome git

2009/12/18 Christopher Roy Bratusek <zanghar freenet de>:
> Am Fri, 18 Dec 2009 00:24:24 +0100
> schrieb Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net>:
>
>> Am Donnerstag, den 17.12.2009, 23:58 +0100 schrieb Kenneth Nielsen:
>> > There is apparently somthing wrong in the sawfish repository on
>> > gnome
>>
>> Fixed.
>>
>> andre
>>

> Actually you're fix was not correct, as the file does still exist, but
> it's now called lisp/sawfish/wm/commands/launcher.jl. I really fixed it
> right now. Also I've added some other files to the list (and check for
> more).
>
> Also using intltool for translating sawfish is not recommended, as
> intltool can only recognize strings surounded by (_ ) but most of
> sawfishs strings aren't. Now if you use intltool-update will mark all
> *valid* strings as #~. So for the time beeing, you should make sure
> that the old strings are not disabled/untranslated when using intltool.
>
> Current sane way is to do the following:
>
> cd po
>
> # generates a *complete* .pot
> ./make-pot
>
> # updates all po files against the new pot file
> for PO in $(ls *.po); do
>        ./update.sh $(basename $PO .po)
> done
>
> Editing the po file NOW is safe.
>
> I know that this is not optimal, sorry.

That's a bit of an understatement ;) First, people pull the file they
translate directly from damned lies the same way they do for all other
modules in GNOME. I have no way of imposing these restrictions on
people. Second, I am the person the integrates all the GNOME
translations from my entire team, suffice it to say that it is
somewhat inconvenient when a module requires special attention when
pulling the file or integrating. Third, I now already have a
translation, that is probably based on an old version and I still need
a way to integrate it.

I can't run the makepot thingy, because I don't have all the
dependencies. Could you e-mail me a fresh pot-file, then I can
msgmerge against that, and then integrate the result?

Please fix this module so that we can use standard tools and procedures.

Regards Kenneth