Re: gnome-icon-theme and i18n

On Sun, Jan 10, 2010 at 10:59 PM, Claude Paroz <claude 2xlibre net> wrote:
> Le mercredi 09 décembre 2009 à 13:53 +0100, Jakub Steiner a écrit :
>> Hi Claude,
>> sorry for the late reply, got taken down with a flu.
>
> You can see I'm not so much responsive, too :-)
>
>> As you have correctly noticed the translation of the emblems has
>> disappeared as we've temporarily put an artist-created build system
>> that took away all the manual torture we had to go through for every
>> icon. Rodney is planning to replace this temporary build system with
>> an actual and polished one eventually.
>>
>> It wasn't by design we removed the translations, even if it is
>> somewhat questionable if the translation should happen in an icon
>> theme. If you feel like you're able to help us bring the translations
>> back into this temporary build, I'd appreciate it.
>
> Is there text content left anywhere in the module? I didn't find
> anything by grepping the source tree.
> My initial mail asked about emblem names? Can you tell me more about
> where they are located now?

As far as I know, emblem names is the only thing that was translated.
At the moment you can get all the emblem names by listing
`src/emblem-*` although it's very likely all of these will consolidate
into a single file.

Rodney has actually progressed with an actual build system in the
'new-build-system' branch that includes translations as far as I can
tell. But  I'm sure he can tell you more about it.

cheers

--
Jakub Steiner <jimmac gmail com>
http://jimmac.musichall.cz