cloning gtk+

Hi,

I'm asking here because I guess there are a lot of translators that
clone the gtk+ repo to upload their translations and a few of them may
end up having the same problem as I do.

Is there something special that needs to be done to clone this repo?

The gitweb page http://git.gnome.org/browse/gtk+ says that the cloning
URL follows the same syntax as all other gnome packages:
ssh://USERNAME git gnome org/git/gtk+

However, when I try this out I get:
$ git clone ssh://lgrijincu git gnome org/git/gtk+
Cloning into gtk+...
fatal: '/git/gtk ' does not appear to be a git repository

Someone, something messes up the ending '+' (it appears to be
converted into ' ' similar to the HTTP GET enconding).

--
 .
..: Lucian