Re: New team for Aragonese (an)

Op Di, 2010-04-20 om 10:00 +0200 skryf Daniel Martinez:

> > Hallo Daniel
> >
> > I wish you success on your work here. I hope you will enjoy it as much
> > as I do.
> >
> > I am not aware of any information on plural forms in your language yet,
> > and some sites and tools try to have such information in all languages
> > that we work in.  Are you familiar with the plural settings that some
> > translation tools work with?  According to a page on Launchpad, it is
> > the same as Spanish. I would be happy to update this site with
> > information if you can confirm it:
> >
> > http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/l10n/pluralforms
> >
> > If not, we can help you define the information. As soon as we have that
> > we can work on improving the support for your language in translation
> > tools as quickly as possible.
> >
> > Keep well
> > Friedel
> >
> > --
> > Translate with Virtaal!  http://virtaal.org/
>
> Hello Friedel
>
> Yes, as you say, the plural forms of Aragonese are the same as Spanish
> or Catalan.
>
> Thank you for theese improvements!

I added Aragonese to the list on this page:
http://translate.sourceforge.net/wiki/l10n/pluralforms

I also added initial support for Aragonese to Pootle and Virtaal. The
timing is quite nice - we plan to release at least Virtaal quite
soon :-)

Does Aragonese use the inverted punctuation marks in the same way as
Spanish does?  ( as in ¿Question?  and ¡Exclamation! )

Our tools have quality checks for translations that try to take these
punctuation customs of languages into account, and I can add the same
support to Aragonese as we have for Spanish, if that is the appropriate
thing to do.

Keep well
Friedel

--