Re: Problem in Yelp?

On Thu, Apr 1, 2010 at 1:55 AM, Shaun McCance <shaunm gnome org> wrote:
> On Wed, 2010-03-31 at 23:17 +0200, Milo Casagrande wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> I wrote also on IRC, but probably here is better for people who are not online.
>>
>> Screenshot:
>> http://people.ubuntu.com/~milo/yelp-problem.png
>>
>> What you are looking there is Yelp showing Empathy help in Italian,
>> but some of the "sections" title remain in English.
>>
>> Can somebody confirm this problem on a distro other than Ubuntu? In
>> case it is a real problem, ideas on what could it be?
>
> Those strings are provided by gnome-doc-utils. It looks like
> they're translated in it.po in git. Maybe Ubuntu is using an
> older release of gnome-doc-utils?

AFAIK, those strings are placed in
/usr/share/xml/gnome/xslt/gettext/l10n.xml (for Ubuntu 9.10).
Doing a strace on yelp shows that l10n.xml is being read, so the
problem is probably with the failing to process this XML file.
The strace did not show access to 'gnome-doc-utils.mo'.

The namespace points to
<l10n xmlns="http://www.gnome.org/~shaunm/gnome-doc-utils/l10n";>
which gives a 404.

Simos