Re: gnome-utils branched for 2.28

On Tue, 2009-09-22 at 11:04 +0200, Claude Paroz wrote:
> Le mardi 22 septembre 2009 à 09:49 +0100, Emmanuele Bassi a écrit :
> > hi everyone;
> >
> > gnome-utils has been branched for GNOME 2.28, under the usual gnome-2-28
> > branch name. development will continue on master.
>
> Thanks, l10n.gnome.org updated.
>
> > side note for gnome-i18n: I had to fuzzy two strings in the si and ka PO
> > files in order to branch. both PO files have been removed from the
> > LINGUAS list (they are present in the tarball for 2.28.0, as the tarball
> > was prepared from master before branching).
>
> If you fuzzy the strings, why removing the languages from the LINGUAS
> list?

because then I'd have some feedback, possibly something that stays in
the archives if this happens to another maintainer. :-)

both PO files contained a msgfmt syntax error in the plural forms for a
string. if it's just a problem with ownership or with execution bits I
usually fix this stuff myself, but for a broken PO file I'd like the
translators to work out the correct fix before I make a mess out of it.

in this case, fuzzying the strings was the only thing that worked (and I
really didn't want to do it because I might know something about PO
files but I might also screw up stuff). what I would have preferred was
that the pre-push script checked the list of translations from the
po/LINGUAS file, so that broken translations can just be put in a
"frozen" state by removing them from the list.

ciao,
 Emmanuele.