Re: What is the difference between appointment and meeting in Evolution

2009/9/15 Александър Шопов <ash contact bg>:
> Hi guys,
> There are two terms used in Evolution that I am not confident I know the
> difference between.
> These are "appointment" and "meeting". Is appointment meeting with
> another person (one) and meeting - appointment with people (more than
> one) or is there another difference? No difference at all?
> This is a program based on group-work  - the terms could have special
> hue in their meaning.

The way I use those terms in my daily life (note that I don't speak
English natively) is the following. A meeting is a relatively fixed
thing, where 2 or more people total meet and discuss things, possible
with and agenda and so on. An appointment is simple mark you can put
in your calender for anything that you have agreed to do with someone
else, I can make an appointment with one of the workshop guys at my
work, that describes that we are going to install something together,
I can make an appointment for my visit to the dentist or with a
colleague to decorate the room for the X-mas party. So in short I
would describe an appointment as a broad term for anything you could
do with someone else, where as a meeting is a special case of that.

Regards Kenneth Nielsen