Re: Release-notes translation

Hi!

Frederic Peters <fpeters gnome org>, Fri, 4 Sep 2009 10:55:23 +0200:

> Jorge González wrote:
>
> > > Right; I still need a few cups of coffee...  So if you want to see
> > > what your translation will look like, you'll have to visit that page,
> > > it will prompt you for a password, and you just have to ask on IRC to
> > > get it.
> >
> > is that really necessary? I mean, GNOME's git is open, anyone can
> > download the release notes and build them, or examine the repository
> > via web.
>
> It avoids news sites to announce GNOME releases too early.

I can see the point of release notes guys, but still, if I recall correctly
the username with password was posted on this mailing list for the previous
release notes and it didn't hurt anything, or I didn't heard about any
problems. So why the need now for like 30 translators to ask one by one on
IRC?

Just my 30 hellers. :-)

Best,
Petr Kovar