Re: String additions to 'empathy.gnome-2-28'

Cosimo Cecchi írta:
Hi Andre and GNOME translators,

On Fri, 2009-10-02 at 20:43 +0200, Andre Klapper wrote:
Hi Guillaume & Cosimo,

please revert the following string changes in the gnome-2-28 branch as
it is string-frozen, or send a formal string freeze break request:

"Translators: this is used only when built on a moblin platform"
comments are unhelpful. Why should I care about that?

It means that these strings do not exist in regular Empathy builds, and
they're turned on only when Empathy is built on a Moblin platform
(they're all guarded with #ifdef clauses); so translators are free to
ignore them.

Why?
Do you think we translators want to see a few untranslated strings in Empathy on Moblin? :) Even if most of our users won't use Moblin, this does not mean we don't care about those who will.

However, if you would say this is needed for the Moblin version of Empathy 2.28, which will be part of a Moblin release soon (like about 2.28.1 or .2 time), I'd give one i18n approval :).

Regards
Gabor Kelemen