Start/Stop volumes and l10n

The following messages (and other, just an extract) were added to Nautilus

msgid "Start the selected volume"
msgid "This file cannot be started"
msgid "This file cannot be stopped"
msgid "Start the volume associated with the open folder"
msgid "Stop the volume associated with the open folder"
msgid "_Start" (with no context info)
msgid "Start the selected volume"
msgid "Stop the selected volume"
msgid "_Start Multi-disk Drive"

I wasn't able to find links for this glib/gvfs feature (something
related to virtual drives, raid and similiar stuff).

Now, the question is: there aren't any other verbs then start and stop
to describe this action? Is it "jargon" or techinical? Honestly I feel
a bit confusing to use a common term here, expecially speking about
drives, volumes and files.

I'm for a full message review: if I'll translate them literally,
Italian GNOME users will pester me with their complaints!

PS do we have similar stuff in glib/gvfs/g-d-u ? I didn't yet checked.