Re: wrong translations of gconf key values

On Wed, Jan 28, 2009 at 9:31 PM, Og Maciel <ogmaciel gnome org> wrote:
> +1 for adding comments to the strings.

+1 for comments, but what is the idea of developers about always
warning translators?

Some translators may use poedit
> while doing their work and won't see the source code file name
> associated with the string.
> --

You can do that by right clicking on the string? But who wants to do
that for more than 1000 strings.
People should be warned about the situations like that. This kind of
rules are always problems for new translators (at least at the
beginning for me).
We have good documentation about this kind of stuff which we can
promote more. Comments are wellcome and I think a review and control
mechanism is necassary and also good. Because even experienced
translators can do such mistakes. However we (translation teams,
coordinators...) should direct people to these resources. Updated and
centralized documentation (tips, warnings and etc.) is a solution when
it is used efficiently.