Creating a New locale

Hi,
I'm interested in translating a few applications to my language "Tiv". It's ISO code is also "tiv". I've had some help thus far from tthurman, and the only thing left for me to do is to test my translation.

However, when i run rhythmbox with

LANG=tiv LC_ALL=tiv shell/rhythmbox

I get a few errors:
(process:25568): Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library

(lt-rhythmbox:25568): Gtk-WARNING **: Locale not supported by C library.
	Using the fallback 'C' locale.

(lt-rhythmbox:25568): Gdk-WARNING **: locale not supported by C library

The app doesn't appear translated afterwards.

Any help on how to resolve this would be appreciated.

picFanen Ahua
Random quote: That secret you've been guarding, isn't.