Re: freeze break request - WAS: Re: Help with strings for "solution" for desktop file "virus" problem

On 2/23/09, Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com> wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-02-20 at 15:24 +0000, Karl Lattimer wrote:
>  > >  Untrusted application launcher
>  > >  The file %s is an application launcher, but it is not marked trusted.
>  > >  If you recieved this file from an unknown source or did not expect it
>  > >  to be an application launcher it may be unsafe to launch.
>  > >
>  > >  [_Launch anyway] [Mark as _Trusted] [[Cancel]]
>  > >
>  > > I don't feel this is a great wording, but I don't have any better ideas.
>  > > Maybe some native english speaker could help out?
>  >
>  > The application launcher %s is not marked as trusted. If this
>  > application launchers source is unknown to you then it may be unsafe to
>  > launch.
>  >
>  > [_Launch anyway] [Mark as _Trusted] [[Cancel]]
>  >
>  > Sound better?
>
>  Yeah, this looks better to me.

The possessive looks a bit weird, and the second sentence seems a bit
long. I'd like to add a modified proposal:

  The application launcher %s is not marked as trusted. If the source
  of this application launcher is unknown to you, then it may be
  unsafe to launch.

This clearly seems important, so string freeze approval from me.