Re: Can't integrate translation in module sawfish i gnome git

Am Fri, 18 Dec 2009 00:24:24 +0100
schrieb Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net>:

> Am Donnerstag, den 17.12.2009, 23:58 +0100 schrieb Kenneth Nielsen:
> > There is apparently somthing wrong in the sawfish repository on
> > gnome
>
> Fixed.
>
> andre

Actually you're fix was not correct, as the file does still exist, but
it's now called lisp/sawfish/wm/commands/launcher.jl. I really fixed it
right now. Also I've added some other files to the list (and check for
more).

Also using intltool for translating sawfish is not recommended, as
intltool can only recognize strings surounded by (_ ) but most of
sawfishs strings aren't. Now if you use intltool-update will mark all
*valid* strings as #~. So for the time beeing, you should make sure
that the old strings are not disabled/untranslated when using intltool.

Current sane way is to do the following:

cd po

# generates a *complete* .pot
./make-pot

# updates all po files against the new pot file
for PO in $(ls *.po); do
	./update.sh $(basename $PO .po)
done

Editing the po file NOW is safe.

I know that this is not optimal, sorry.

BTW: All (known) UTF-8/CYK issues in librep/sawfish are gone :)

Chris