Re: UI changes for control-center

Le vendredi 28 août 2009, à 18:44 -0400, Matthias Clasen a écrit :
> On Fri, Aug 28, 2009 at 10:17 AM, Vincent Untz<vuntz gnome org> wrote:
> > Le jeudi 27 août 2009, à 15:03 -0400, Matthias Clasen a écrit :
> >> So, in order to come to some conclusion here, I'll give a +1 for
> >> removing the interface tab. (Kinda obvious, since I wrote the patch in
> >> the first place...).  I'll be more than happy to work on fixing up the
> >> docs afterwards.
> >>
> >> Can we get some response from my fellow release team members ?
> >
> > -1 from me. It's too late in the cycle to change this kind of stuff. I
> > don't see any reason to not wait for 2.29.
> >

> I'd be honestly interested in the argument why it is too late.

Because I don't see why we would do a big change like this while we only
have a RC left before the stable release. The main issue (from my point
of view) is that we don't know how people will react to this change, and
we don't have time to evaluate this.

Also, I see no urgent reason to fix this now. It's definitely not
something that, imho, is mandatory for the 2.28 release; so it can wait
for the next release.

Vincent

--
Les gens heureux ne sont pas pressés.