Re: new module for translation: gnome-shell

Em Sex, 2009-08-14 às 17:16 -0400, Colin Walters escreveu:
> Hi,
>
> We've now landed the infrastructure to translate the "gnome-shell"
> project.  We plan to have a preview release alongside with GNOME 2.28;
> I can't guarantee we won't change any strings at this point, but we
> don't have too many.
>
> One tip - you might want to look at gnome-panel and gdm for some of
> the strings.  If there's a way to import those translations that'd be
> good (are there any scripts to do that?).

msgmerge -U ll.po gnome-shell.pot -C gnone-panel.ll.po
msgmerge -U ll.po gnome-shell.pot -C gdm.ll.po

The problem is that the reused messages are not marked as fuzzy if the
gnome-panel/gdm message is identical to the gnome-shell message. At
first it would seem this is a good idea, but in some cases you'd
translate them differently. So, run the commands above and review the
messages before continuing the translation.

--
Leonardo Ferreira Fontenelle <leonardof gnome org>