Trying to understand git

Hi,

I'm here again with silly questions trying to understand the correct use
of git...

Today I did a commit for pitivi [1], I was in master (and my copy is
still in master) and I did the commit there, when I checked at cgit the
green box with master written on it was on my commit description.

Tonight I'm told by our Italian coordinator that probably I've done
something wrong, because looks like the same commit I did has been
redone [2].

What did I do wrong?

I really don't understand... sorry...

[1]