Evolution in Italian - Problems due %k time formatter

We (me and Milo) have "exploited" an issue in Italian translation of
evolution-data-server 2.26 (in jaunty). The visible problem is the
inability to set a time and save an appointment in Evolution.

This come from a change I did to time formatters for hours. Previously
there ware "%k", I changed to "%-H" 'cause the first is not standard
for stfrtime(3) (see [1])

Now ,we planned to revert the change immediately after the GIT switch, but
  1- why it fails?????????
  2- any other team using %k ?
  3- should I open a bug against e-d-s to use as "knowledge base" ?

Cheers (and sorry for this mess), Luca

http://opengroup.org/onlinepubs/007908799/xsh/strftime.html