Re: POT files in VCS

Le mercredi 08 avril 2009 à 13:07 +0200, Luca Ferretti a écrit :
> A little question: here is any reason to keep POT files in VCS?
>
> I'm asking this 'cause I'm sure there is a consensus n GNOME modules
> about don't include them, but I didn't find any guideline on
> live.gnome.org.
>
> I need a good reason to convince Gustavo to remove webkit.po from
> svn.webkit.org :)

The simple reason is the general rule that you don't store in VCS
generated files.
In GNOME, POT files can be simply generated with "intltool-update -p",
so there is no need to store the file in the VCS. There might be that
certain modules requires more sophisticated procedure to generate a pot
file, so they provide a pot file in the VCS to simplify the task of
translators.

Claude