Re: CAN WE GET THE TRANSLATIONS

On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 1:37 PM, Nisha Pandita
<pandita nisha123 gmail com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Can we send the Text file that contains the Strings that we need to get
> translated....
>
> we need the translations of those strings in all 165 languages...that gnome
> supports

It seems so you are not talking about getting some GNOME app
translated but , like using existing gnome translation to have your
strings translated. While  you could attemt to use gnome translations
for that, you must know that they are copyright of respective
translators and either GNU GPL or other suitable license of
applications whose they are part of applies on them. So you would in
fact be creating a derivative work, on which the license would apply.

It would be better if you could tell the list what you are trying to
get translated, if it has any relation to GNOME & if its some private
work (and you are merely trying to use GNOME resources).

Karunakar