Re: New team for Papiamento (PAP)

Le mercredi 17 septembre 2008 à 22:11 +0200, Urso Wieske a écrit :
> Thank you Claude,
>
> But what exactly did you mean with your email.
> Pardon me, but I dont quite understand your message to me.

No problem.
Let's say you want to begin translating GNOME to Papiamento.

1. You select a package to begin with, let's say gnome-menus.
2. You pick the pot file on http://l10n.gnome.org/module/gnome-menus
3. You translate the file (pap.po)
4. You create a bug report in bugzilla.gnome.org, module 'l10n',
component 'Papiamento [pap]' and you attach your translated file to the
bug report.
5. You tell the list the bug number, asking for the file to be committed
in GNOME SVN.

At this time, we will create a status page for your language on
l10n.gnome.org.

Then begin with 1. again.
When you'll have translated a substantial amount of files, you'll be
able to ask for an SVN account to commit the files yourself, thus
skipping the 4. and 5. steps .

Feel free to ask more details (or read
http://live.gnome.org/TranslationProject/LocalisationGuide).

Claude