Re: Non-community-based approaches to localisation

On Wed, Sep 3, 2008 at 1:10 PM, Gora Mohanty <gora sarai net> wrote:
1. I know of no attempt to contact existing language
  teams prior to starting on this work. This is true
  at least of Bengali, Hindi, Malayalam, and Oriya.
  Worse yet, the language team line in the .po file
  header has been changed to some CDAC address, which
  can only lead to myriad problems down the road.

Its the case with Tamil too.

Would like to hear your views.

I am not sure why so much of effort is put unnecessarily, when doors of the community are always open even to them.

--
Regards,

Sri Ramadoss M