Re: program ignore some translation strings

Claude Paroz writes:
Le lundi 24 novembre 2008 à 10:41 +0100, kessel systemausfall org a
écrit :
hi all, i was asking one week ago about a problem with my translation files:
>at the moment i am translating epiphany into amharic. the responsible >group seems to be died out - so i am writing to this list.
>i have a problem with my mo-files. Some strings of the translations seems
>to be ignored by the program. for example this string of the po-file:
>#: src/ephy-window.c:100
>msgid "_Open..."
>msgstr "ክፈት... (_O)"
>When i copy the poedit-generated mo-file to
>/usr/share/locale-langpack/am/LC_MESSAGES/epiphany.mo then
>this translated string doesn't appear in the file-menu (LANG=am_ET.UTF-8
>epiphany).
>Do you have any idea how to fix it or a link to a appropriate manual?
I received the proposal to add the ignored strigs to the gtk20.mo file.
I tried the following: i added this string to the following files, without any change of the symtoms: glib20.mo, gtk20.mo, gtk20-properties.mo, libbonobo-2.0.mo and of course to epiphany.mo

Did you try libgnomeui-2.0.mo?
Not yet. But i have tested it now. I added this string to libgnomeui-2.0.mo and to libgmome-2.0.mo! The "Open..."-command is still displayed in english. Hmm, I thought gnome-translation is easier :(
Klaus